Indoor spin bikes have certainly earned their niche in the fitness world as evidenced by the diverse brands/models and types available today in the market. Simulating a real outdoor cycling bike, a stationary cycling bike is as effective as a road bike, as it is designed to replicate the intensity of riding a real cycling bike.
Why are Stationary Cycling Bikes More Popular than Other Types of Bikes?
With outdoor cycling being a popular workout routine for losing weight and strengthening muscles and the body, the indoor spin bikes have emerged in the process to address the demands of different fitness enthusiasts who can’t find time for an outdoor workout, or perhaps hindered by other reasons like the weather conditions.
Cycling bikes for indoors offer really intense exercises with other models even designed with inclines to replicate the different surfaces – from flat ground to uphill climbs minus the sunburn, dust and wind when biking outdoors. Other types of bikes don’t offer such a strenuous workout.
Popular Spin Bikes on the Market
If you have not made your choice yet and you are probably looking for the right indoor spin bike, here are some brands/models you may want to look at:
Sunny SF-B1001 Indoor Cycling Bike
If you are working on a limited budget, Sunny SF-B1001 is one of the more affordable yet quality stationary cycling bikes you can find on the market. You can do an intense workout while being comfortable and having fun. It has pretty great features that you can take advantage of compared to some other expensive types like:
- Adjustable handlebars and seat to make any types of rider feel comfortable while riding
- Features a chain drive system that is quiet and smooth
- 30-pound flywheel is well-suited enough for up to 220-pound riders
- Adjustable resistance offers varied workout options
- Steel frame and crank is durable enough to last for years
- Portability as it comes with transportation wheels
Schwinn IC2 Indoor Cycling Exercise Bike
Having this indoor bike at home allows you to feel real-life outdoor cycling with its innovative design and structure. It even comes with a built-in bottle holder and cooling fan for a real outdoor biking feel. It comes with a mid-range price, quite reasonable for a brand such as Schwinn and its wonderful features. If you want this upright type cycling bike, here’s what you can expect:
- Handlebars that can be repositioned/adjusted
- Adjustable seat from front to back or vice versa
- Direct drive gearing mechanism offers unlimited resistance levels
- LCD display that shows time, speed, RPM, distance and calorie count
- 40-pound flywheel for uninterrupted pedaling
- Rear stabilizers and frame levelers for balance and convenience
- Well-built steel frame for longevity
- Wheels for easy storage and transport
LifeSpan Fitness S2 Indoor Cycling Bike
With a pretty well-built structure and design, this bike lets you experience the natural feel of outdoor biking. If you don’t want to miss out on your cycling workout outdoors or in the gym, get this for your home gym. It measures 44”W x 44”H x 22”D and ideal for heights ranging from 4’11” to 6’5”. For an indoor bike, this is quite affordable yet you can benefit from the following features:
- Adjustable seat and handlebars for the comfort of different size and height of riders
- Heavy duty steel frame for durability
- 40-pound balanced flywheel for continuous pedaling
- Pedals and seat may be swapped with any standard types of pedals and seat
- Poly-V drive belt for whisper quiet performance and smooth transition of inclines – from ground to hills
- Resistance knob with push-brake is micro-adjustable
Many cycling fanatics have proven how effective a cycling bike is and they don’t want to miss out on their regular workout routines even while at home, thus the popularity of stationary cycling bikes. If you are a cycling enthusiast and are looking for a bike for your home gym, consider deciding on some of the popular bikes mentioned above.